Friday, January 16, 2015

Culture, Scavenger Hunts and "Once"

London is a city with life. It has an energy that a person can feel walking down the street. It picks up the cigarette butts, gets showers from the rain and helps people, like me, when I feel like I’ve been stuck in a rut.

Back in the states, I felt as though I was losing inspiration. To blog, to write, to wear, to be. What am I doing with my life? Where am I going? Oh, the trippy thinking.

But, I come to this city, and can’t help but not want to stay in my room. I am constantly looking out the window, thinking, “I wonder why that man has such a big book bag? Maybe he had class? Maybe he is going to meet someone? A girlfriend? A wife? A child from the sitter? Maybe he has plans tonight. Maybe he doesn’t.”

There’s always something to be. Something alive. Something fresh. And that’s why I love it.

The city is a giant mix of culture, each borough having its unique qualities. But, each person is a Londoner, through and through.

As a class, we went to the musical “Once”. It was absolutely beautiful. I’ll post the trailer below, just to give you a hint of what I was able to see. I got all dressed up (sorry, no OOTD here), and paid £4.50 for a teeny tiny Belgian Chocolate ice cream, but it was well worth it. It’s part of the culture. It’s part of the city.




I took a quick snap of the theater and took in everything there was to see inside the theater. The history is astounding.

Today we split into groups and went on a “scavenger hunt around London.” We were in groups of three, and we were assigned to travel all around the city to capture photos of different things on the list. I spent some time (a few minutes, at least) at each stop, making mental notes at each place I would want to go back to in the coming days and months. So much beauty.


I look around and realize I’m where I’m supposed to be. I’ve never felt so alive, and the city has more in store for me. I can feel it. Until next time,


Maggie D. x

1 comment:

  1. nice
    my new post here http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/01/sheinisde-polka-dot-flare-skirt.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I promise I will reply as soon as possible. xx

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme