Tuesday, February 24, 2015

London Fashion Week Day 2 & Refinery29 ‘Style Stalking’ Launch

Might I say that I do not want London Fashion Week to end? I’ve followed the shows for years, and being here has been an absolute dream. I cannot thank Andreea and Eileen (links on names) enough for letting me attend some shows; it’s been amazing.
Of course, I had another celeb spotting; this time it was the lovely Laura Whitmore, a presenter for MTV Europe. She looked stunning in white, but I'm not sure about the boots with this. What do you all think?




On Saturday, I was able to attend ApuJan. One, quite random, thing that I liked about this was that it was set-up like an "actual" fashion show. Does that make any sense? The white backdrop was so simple, and I loved it. His collection was incredible. Knits were on board, with all different shapes, sizes and cuts. They were beautifully constructed, with plenty of cable knits; my winter favorites. There was a huge amount of monochrome, which is basically my entire wardrobe. The muted rust cat eye was very cool, and the messy updo with forest remnants were the perfect accents to his gorgeous collection.












Once the show was over at Freemasons’ Hall, I headed back to Somerset House and had to grab a cheese toastie; all this fashion is exhausting!

After I finished, I headed back out to the streets to capture the best outfits. I’ll be doing a massive street style post soon, so here’s just one photo to give you a little preview! I know I said this yesterday too, but I'm so excited to show you all the amazing looks I was able to see!
I decided to take a break from LFW and headed to the Imperial War Museum for one of my assignments through my program. (No, school does not stop during fashion week; one could only dream.) The museum is a must-see for any world war history buff like myself, and after I finished there, I rushed to the Refinery29 ‘Style Stalking’ book launch in London.

Now, I’m an avid reader of Refinery29. I’m subscribed to every city, and I read their emails daily. Their tips are much easier to follow for a girl on a budget, and they cover everything from beauty to fashion to celebs. When I plan on traveling, I check out their top tips for the city. What restaurants are in? Where are the best places to shop? Refinery29 has my back. I bought a copy of the book stateside, and it was addicting. The styles are beautiful and the tips are very helpful. So, of course, I had to attend the launch and meet the Editor-in-Chief and Creative Director at Refinery29. One does not get to do that every day!




It was amazing getting to meet the gorgeous ladies. They were nice enough to sign my book and answer a few questions I had about getting into fashion journalism. It was a nice way to end the day, and I headed back to my room, relaxed a bit with my friends and then crashed. LFW day two: a success.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing opportunity! I loved the book style stalking :)

    BCfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely opportunity!Your photos are gorgeous..Nice work,girl:)
    If you have time visit me on my blog :))
    xoxo Antonella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I promise I will reply as soon as possible. xx

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme